Who me? weird?
I've been tagged!
I think in blogland tagging must happen in cycles because this is my second time in a few months and I wonder if this is the same tag going around. I've always wondered about stuff like this. Like when I was little and vacationing with my family in Wildwood, NJ, my sister and I had come down with chicken pox. At the beginning stages we thought they were mosquito bites and just went on swimming in the hotel pool with all the other kids. All of these kids could have been exposed and went back to their respective towns and spread our little red bumps to their friends. The chain reaction could go forever and last for years...there could be a kid today with a derivative of my chicken pox! I'm so sorry kid! And I'm sorry to you bloggers for relating this grotesque story to the fun act of tagging! I could've used a wholesome metaphor like a "pay it forward" type thing or a "breeze blows a dandelion in Indiana, causing a child to sneeze, causing a man to say bless you, causing a girl to meet the man of her dreams, etc. etc..." But no, I settled on a rash. Anyway, what I'm saying is this: a few months back I was tagged with the 7 weird things about me tag and as I was required I then tagged a few other bloggers. What if this is the same tag...circulating for months? Well, I was tagged by Mary, Andrea, Heather , Wendy, and a few other dolls, to list 7 weird things about me. I have way more than 7 so I should be able to avoid repeats from last time.
7 weird things about me:
1. I do not, will not, cannot, eat mushrooms...yuck! Especially the type that come in Chinese food that resemble slimy little Darth Vader helmets....ewwwww.
2. I do not, will not, cannot, drive...no! I need control and don't trust the roadways. Of course I'm a passenger all the time, but that's about all I can handle. I've got my mind on all the other minds out on the road. I know how careless people can be and downright crazy behind the wheel and if my mind is on that then I can't wholeheartedly focus on my own driving...no driving for me. Thank goodness Aaron loves to drive...it's his hobby.
3. I draw on my eyebrows. Yup, I remove the pair I was given and draw on a pair that better suits my aesthetic. Sometimes this is a bit problematic...for instance, some days, depending on my drawing hand I can accidentally render my expression "angry" or "surprised" or "concerned"...and no matter how many times its happened in the past 14 years Aaron still gets me when he says "why are you so surprised today?". It takes me a minute and then I realize that I drew the brows on with a higher arch, which in the world of real brows signifies surprise. ps. the drawn on brows are faint and sometimes don't show up in black and white photos, so if anybody out there has studied that pic of me up top and on the Silver Bella site and thought I was eyebrow free...trust me they're there...in pencil form anyway.
4. I have been begging Aaron for a budgie for almost a year. I talk about budgies all day long, talk to my imaginary budgie, and even have conversations with Carlos (the chihuahua) about the budgie. Which reminds me...for an entire year before Aaron said yes to Carlos I carried a chihuahua bobble head in my purse everywhere I went.
5. My wardrobe does not contain anything but pink, black, camouflage, leopard and denim. Not a tiny speck of another color and it's been this way for over 10 years. (though I am softening to the idea of adding aqua in bits.)
6. A lot of times when I make Aaron a sandwich I will sneak in a surprise. It started years ago and to this day, when he bites in and makes the discovery he's still shocked and from the other room I'll hear him say " oh great...a grape...in the middle of my tuna sandwich." I love surprise grapes. They're harmless and keep you on your toes...it's just a taste, texture, and shape you weren't expecting between your leaves of lettuce. "What's the big deal?" Is what I always say back.
7. I cannot watch, or hear any tv or radio shows about medical mysteries. In the back of my mind I'll start cataloging the symptoms and after a while they'll build up and I'll diagnose myself with some freakish disease that in reality only happens to male Eskimos over the age of fifty. And Aaron knows this well. He always has on talk radio and if the guest is a disease expert he'll turn off the radio and put on a cd just so I don't hear.
Ok, enough about my weirdness. Now on to yours...I tag Cerri, Laurie , Jennifer, Heidi , Missy , Alicia, and Aaron ( who does not have his own blog...so I guess he will have to post right here on mine!) if any of you guys have been tagged with this same tag a while back then you can just copy and paste your 7 weird things from your archives because I'm sure you guys have no more than 7 weird things...wink, wink ;)
Now for these new designs from our forthcoming new collection. We're incorporating a much more layered look. A lot of blending of ephemera with hand painting and vibrant color...all of it sepia washed and aged. These were the first two on the drawing board. The "Cupcakes all the time" piece is 8" x 10" and is about 50-50 collage and hand painting. It's directly inspired by the color palette of my current Flickr favorites mosaic. We are so thrilled about the recipe card box. We wanted a lot of detail and color and I think it fits the bill. Again, it's about half collage, half hand painting. We've got lots more stuff like this coming...specifically, new versions of our classic cupcake trio. Both pieces above are now listed in our eBay store!
I got my circle book in the mail today! Heather is hosting a polka dot fat book project wherein everyone involved will contribute their hand done pages that will be incorporated into amulti artist book that we'll each get back with our page along with all the other participant's pages. The circular book we're all using is by 7 gypsies and from Shosh at HannahGrey...what a fabulous site!! Go there Now if you haven't already...you'll love it! I can't wait to start my pages! I love that it's a circle. Fatbooks are often 4 x 4 squares. Also, polka dots are an essential part of my daily existence! When we're all done with our pages, Heather will combine, bind and send them back...and most likely the books will be FAT!
I'm also working out some new ideas for a swap. I had so much fun hosting the Vintage Kitchen Swap and from the photos and emails I can tell that a lot of you gals did as well!! I'll have more info on that soon. In the meantime, browse the blogs and see who else is a weirdo...and I mean that in the nicest sense.
Enjoy the weekend!!!xoxo Jenny