Friday, June 1, 2007

It's SWAP time again!!!!

 
 
 
The day before a wedding is always a bit disjointed. You've put some things off til the last minute, like exactly what shoes you're gonna wear or that second coat of self tanner you must apply because your legs are blindingly white... And yet, you've still got work to do because it's Friday and you need stuff at the post office by tomorrow morning. Well that's me anyway. But what's weird is that I'm not crazy busy...just kinda spread out in a lot of different directions and so there are lulls in the day where I can't fully dive into a project whole hog...what a funny turn of phrase, whole hog! Anyway, I was pacing my bedroom in two different shoes, Aaron was running errands, doing laundry etc...and then I looked at my piled up work table and a light bulb lit...and it was lit by none other than the legendary  Charlotte Lyons (aka fellow SilverBella instructor). She blogged about making art out of what's left over... scraps of ribbon, duplicate color copies, little bits of paper, whatever...and she made some fab stuff! Go check it out on her blog, and she said she might list some of the "art made from left overs" on Etsy! Well, in her words she said "Try it-it's fun and easier than cleaning up." So I listened and tried it, in the lull of wedding prep (wait...not my wedding of course, my cousin Michael's!) and here's what came out! I posted pics on Flickr and more than one pal said that this would be a great swap subject...Not specifically art made from left overs, but the whole idea of semi random bits and pieces put together to make a beautiful whole. I like this format too...a 9" x 12" canvas mapped out in 3" x 3" squares. I've been dying to host another swap and I think this'll be it! I'll get back to you all with the details probably Sunday, since the wedding is tomorrow. I like the whole mosaic feel, and how you've got twelve mini areas to create within.
  So I just wanted to throw that out there and get you thinking about that as a swap...I think it'll be a lot of fun! Give me some feedback...leave me a comment if you want and don't forget to post a link to your blog so others can go check you out. Ok, time to try on the dress one more time!
 xoxo Jenny
 
Ohh...almost forgot....We are retiring some of our all time" Everyday is a Holiday" favorites and best sellers....to make room for a bunch of new favorites!! We are having some FAB sales on some Cake Art...so have a look!!

29 comments:

  1. thanks for the compliment and link here, Jenny! well, that is too cute! so glad you liked the idea and didn't waste a second getting to it... really darling. also love the part about walking around in 2 different shoes. have a blast kicking it up at the wedding! xoC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really cute swap idea.  Can't wait to hear more!  My blog is http://katydiddys.blogspot.com.  Lots of cupcakes.  Actually, as of today I've decided I'm not only on a cupcake kick, but also martinis.  Cupcakes & Martinis-I may use that name!  Take care!  Love your blog Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun swap idea. Can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love a sweet wedding!!!  Have a fabulous time and please, please sign me up if you're doing this as a swap!!!  Great idea--I'd be thrilled to be part of it!!!  xo-Melfie  

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah baby! Sign me up! This looks so fun I want to go paint canvases now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so in!!!  

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love tHis!!! great job chicka! count me in, not that like you I have nothing to do, just nothing this minute!!

    PS
    I need a bit of nfo from you, planning a fall trip to The City and want your top 5 must do's. And of course your numbero uno bakery!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that swap idea Jenny :D Yes count me in please! How exciting! :D Super cute squares collage! Have lot's of fun at your cousins wedding! Carol xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooh!  Love this!!!  Count me in!!!!
    :)  Heather
    www.speckled-egg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny!! I think that's a great swap idea!! Count me in! I'll check back Monday for details!! Have a good day!! xoNatalea

    ReplyDelete
  11. creativechaos100June 2, 2007 at 1:21 PM

    Yay!!! Count me in! I am so looking forward to this project!  Karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea Jenny! Gorgeous combination you came up with, can't wait to see the swap details, I'll be in it for sure! I missed out on the Vintage Kitchen Swap so I don't want to miss this one!!! Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great swap....Count me in.  
    Signed up this morning for Silver Bella......Yahooooo I can't wait until November.  

    Lonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in too, Miss Jenny!  Come over and do my swap too....Crowns and Tiaras!  http://hollydoodledesigns.com/WordPress/
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh..a swap...please tell me more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jenny,
    Please count me in!

    Genevieve
    bella-enchanted@hotmail.com
    http://bella-enchanted.blogspot.com/
    Thanks and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an interesting swap idea! I'd love to hear the details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. leesiebella@yahoo.comJune 3, 2007 at 8:49 PM

    oh! Can I join in?? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there Jenny!  It's been a long time since I've left a comment and I miss blog world!  So let me understand this right.  For the swap you want us to make something from our random leftovers, or you want us to accumulate a bag of our leftovers to give to someone else to have fun with?

    Maybe it's just me who needs clarification.

    Thanks~
    Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a fantastic swap idea!!! i love what you created with your "scraps"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great swap idea!  Hope the wedding was a lot of fun!
    Karla
    http://sugarbeardesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Jenny- sounds like fun, count me in!
    ~Wendy
    www.updycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was thinkin when I first saw this "OH I want to make one too!" so yeah; count me in if there's still room! Hope the weekend went well.
    www.jenduncan.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. burkardbbrc@sbcglobal.netJune 4, 2007 at 10:22 PM

    i WOUld love to PLAy in this swap!!!

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  25. burkardbbrc@sbcglobal.netJune 4, 2007 at 10:24 PM

    forgot to add my blog/site
    www.123lavenderlollipoplane.blogspot.com
    www.picturetrail.com/burkardbbrc

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my!  I hope I'm not too late to sign up for this collage swap of bits and pieces!  Sounds like a fantastic artistic free for all!  There should be quite a variety when all is said and done!  Of course, with swaps, it's always that way!  Please, if I'm not too late, count me in!
    *Heidi*

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jenny, will you be going international? on this swap??  I would love to join in if possible, I have lots of little bits,saved for a rainy day, and yes today it is finally raining in Australia, well in Queensland where I live, yeah!! Water tanks are a fillin, so in the name of the rain, let me know if I can join in, PLease!!!??? Nothing like a bit of grovelling on a wet day, your kness get wet! Look forward to the swap news, Linda Lilly Cottage ( one half of Lilly Cottage anyway)  come and visit at http://lillycottage.typepad.com  TTFN L*

    ReplyDelete
  28. creativechaos100June 6, 2007 at 6:15 PM

    Jenny....I'm so excited about this project I already bought my 9 x 12 canvas!  Karin

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jenny....this is a great idea for a swap. Depending on the dates/deadlines, I'd really like to join the fun. Love the format. I'll keep checking in for the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron