Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!


I have so much to blog but I'm still not up to it. The Holidays are hard on shut-ins like me and Aaron. It's the one time of year when socializing is a must. We're so used to closing the blinds, locking the door, and working 'til the wee hours. But this socializing and lazing around is probably just the recharge our artistic brains require. Come January 2nd it's full steam ahead and no looking back. We've got tons of new paintings to finish and artistic mounts to conquer.
   I said two blogs ago that the next entry would be a give-away and I've not forgotten...this entry and the Christmas entry don't really count. So next real entry is a give-away. Right now I just wanted to pop on here to let all of you know that you've made this past year a waaaaaayyyyy better year than the previous! And I really really mean that! We've all talked so much, so many new friendships, contacts, sources etc... It was a very creative year, and not just for me. Lot's of new blogs were born... Lot's of brand new creative outlets for so many simmering talents. A bunch of online front doors opened up and invited in the masses to come see the artful wonders that had been blooming in obscurity all the while. And a great capper for this past year was Silver Bella! The experience of getting to meet so many like minded gals in one place is nonpareil! 
  Tonight we've got plans that go all over the place. We're gonna hit a movie...probably Juno. We're gonna drive all over Jersey with the Weird New Jersey book in our laps looking for all sorts of haunted, abandoned, freaky, and scary stuff. (yeah, it's a weird New Years tradition of ours.) We're piling into a minivan with little bro Walt, little sis Missy, her man Charlie, some plastic champagne stems, some sparkling cider, flashlights, maps, GPS, and maybe some snacks. We'll tune the radio in to hear the ball drop. No black ties and ball gowns but maybe some pushing the van out of a muddy rut in the woods...sounds glamorous! I'll let you all know how it goes. We're still contemplating our dinner or semi spensive? (yeah, that's how we say a southern drawl) I've been saying cheap but Aar's now leaning toward semi spensive. And the "semi" is key...because we never ever go full blown spensive.
 Well, like I said. I'll most probably be posting for real on the 2nd. And I'll recap a ton of stuff and great gifts and art. Happy New Year to you all. I love ya's to bits!!! xoxo, Jenny



  1. Hi Jenny, Happy New Year to you and Aaron, I look forward to your blog in 2008!!  xo, suzy
    ps.  I love that weird NJ book, there certainly are some weird spots up there!!


  3. So glad to have met you and Aaron this year at Silver Bella!  It was truly the best hightlight of the year for me as well.  Can't wait to hear about your adventures -- we stay in hiding on this night ourselves but driving around in a mini-van sounds way fun!!

    Hugs, Kim

  4. I saw February's issue of Romantic homes and was so excited to see all your cute stuff in it. I couldn't wait to show my Mom and tell her all about your blog. Happy New Year.

  5. Happy New Year to both of you. Your plans for the evening sound wonderful, something I would like to do.

    Hugs Karen

  6. Happy New Year to you and Aaron!

  7. Love your tradition, it's so you! I've really enjoyed visiting this past year. I'm looking forward to the next. may your New Year be filled with blessings.

  8. LOL! Well, how weird did New Jersey get?
    So glad I found you and your blog this past year. You provide constant inspiration and smiles, and I so appreciate that about you! Here's to a great 08!

  9. Happy New Year!!
    I hope all of your wishes come true in 2008!!
    ~Cerri xoxo

  10. Happy New Year to you and Aaron!  Wow, if '08 brings in just half of what '07 brought to you and Aaron you are going to have your hands full!  Looking forward to seeing what you two dream up next!
    Happy Happy Happy!  
    Everyday Cookies blog

  11. Jenny, Wishes for a happy and healthy new year to you and Aaron. Did you see that Marie at the Flaky Tart was honored in Sundays newpaper? Thank you for pointing us in her direction. We saw Juno this weekend and loved it. Stay warm. Big hugs for both of you, Susan

  12. hi i think thats awsome


Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron