Friday, April 30, 2010

Hooray! for SWAPS & Hooray! for CAKE



Looks like it's gonna be a fabulous weather weekend in Jersey. After about a week of 40 degree nights, I think we've earned it! Really...it's been so depressing. A little while back we got tricked with some balmy evenings, so we then started our nightly walks down to the beach. Then we got hit with this ear biting, nose dripping, cold front and it just wasn't worth the pain. So we said..."lets abandon the walks 'til Mother Nature makes up her mind!"
Hopefully this weekend won't be no flash in the pan! The weather has got me thinking of vacations...mostly, those magical times spent in Wildwood, NJ. And before I get on with this post I just want to make a brief mention of something very exciting thats coming up: The Vintage Vacation Swap! I've got so many ideas and of course I'll bathe you guys in inspiration once the time comes for sign ups. But I just wanted to give a little teaser right here. I'm not yet ready to launch but I will be by next week. I really just wanted to get an early feel for who wants to take part. So leave a comment if you think you'd be interested! It's been a while since I last hosted a swap. The Bits and Pieces Swap was so so great...to this day, years later, I'm still seeing Bit's & Pieces collages in the same exact format that we all used! And the Vintage Kitchen swap was way too much fun, but I guess that would be an obvious favorite for me. As far as this swap goes...give me your thoughts before I carve them in stone...do you think $20 is a good spending limit...or is that too much? We'll make sure that there are handmade as well as vintage and store bought items included. Again, I've got a lot of inspiration in mind but I'll keep that for next week. Just thought this weekend, with the great weather here in Jersey, would be a good time to make mention of it. I can't wait!





Now, last post I brought up our involvement in Art is...You coming this October. And the last painting that I posted ("Sweet") was a great example of what you'll be learning and doing in one of our classes. Well, this piece is too! I'm proud to debut: "Hooray for Cake", another painting/collage that features a whole bunch of elements that would maybe appear to be totally random if it wasn't for the perfectly cohesive color palette. This is available as an 8 x 10 matted print and it just looks so fantastic! Especially as a companion piece to "Sweet". It will soon be for sale as an 11 x 14 print and also as a 5 x 7 mini plaque. I'll post those buy it now buttons in a couple days...if you are interested in those sooner though, just email me and I can send you a paypal invoice. But for now, this listing here is for an 8 x 10 ready to frame matted print.




Ok, this is a short post. I know I usually say this and then I go off on Homeric rants. But this time I actually mean it! I just had a few things to say...and one of those things is this: my friend Natalie Hansen is one of the sweetest gals ever! This necklace is made by her, for me..."just because"! Aaron went to the mailbox and came back with this! How fabulous is that! Natalie makes some of the best jewelry ever! I love this piece so much...the details are so gorgeous and perfect for me...really! I can't thank her enough and just needed to share it here!




Alright, lastly, on this short post...since it's Flickr Friday...I have to leave you guys with my Flickr Fave offering. Flickr mosaics make my world go round and this is whats spinning this week! Well, thanks again for reading...remember...more versions of our new paintings are coming soon and the Vintage Vacation Swap will launch next week! xoxo, Jenny


48 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued....your swaps have been the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in possibly joining your swap Jenny, and I look forward to hearing more details.
    ~ Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny....sounds like a blast, count me in.
    xxoo Valarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so incredibly interested!
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the swap. Grace xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear all the details

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested! It sounds so fun! ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

    ReplyDelete
  8. This swap sounds like fun! Can't wait till it opens...I want to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vintage Vacation....might be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would join the swap as well! Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. can't wait to see and hear more about the swap!! xo natalea

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOu already know that i'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey doll,
    eeekk cant wait.
    love love all your eye candy!!!
    hope to see you soon love bug.
    oxoxo,
    jessi

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've definitely got my attention for the swap...can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops I forgot to post on your blog...only posted on Facebook! Would love love love to be a part of your swap. My favorite theme hosted by my favorite artist!

    Tammy (your facebook fan from
    California)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm interested Jenny. Would love to know the details.

    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to join your swap Mz J cuz you are the Bomb diggity!

    ReplyDelete
  18. From the Blue Hair Bee Lady..Buzzin by to say pleazzze include me...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm interested...can't wait to see more details!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to hear the details...vintage vacation sounds like fun....

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds great, you got me interested. I'll be following your blog for further details!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Count me in Cupcake Dollface! ;) XOXO,Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fab idea for a swap! I would be interested. I went to Wildwood as a kid, too. We always stayed at the Acapulco Inn, lol.

    I think $20 is a good price I hostess a swap site and that is our usual limit and it seems to work well. :)

    Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh! I would like to join! Let me know please :0)

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really really really want to join this Swap! It will be a first of yours for me. Heck, $20 is nuthin'.

    Talk to you soon!
    xoxo
    Rox

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would be over-the-moon thrilled to be involved in a swap with you as the hostess!!! Yikes! Can't wait to hear the details.
    $20 is more than fair.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  27. I still have the lovely bits n' pieces from your swap a few years ago! I LOVE IT! Count me in for this swap!~~~XXOO, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  28. yay! :) sounds fun! can' wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This sounds like fun-can't wait to hear more! enJOY, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looking forward ti hearing more details on the swap, Thankyou so much or my treats that arrived today... Looking to buy a cupcake journal.. are they still available?... hugs Tx

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh that sounds like a fun swap! I can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anymore news on this swap?!?! xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'd love to participate in a swap. Let me know if it is on...

    ReplyDelete
  34. Vacation swap? I am in for some vintagey vacation goodness! Hope Aaron is feeling better. {HUGS} Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great swap theme! Will you allow the blogless to play? I have a Flickr account Yma's Fun. Will that do? $20 seems like a good amount to me! - Amy Bauer

    ReplyDelete
  36. Have you started your new swap? I'd love to participate!
    I was beyond excited when I was looking around MJDesigns and picked up some of your amazing notepads and cards!!! I didn't know you had a line at MJD :) What a fun find!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. You have my attention, can't wait for the details.

    ReplyDelete
  38. hey chickadee! I can't wait to be part of this swap I so wanted to be part of the other one you hosted a long time ago but I just started blogging ang didn't know about swaps back then. Please let me know when you post about it! You know this mermaid loves summer and the beach he he big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  39. i'd like to join in the fun!
    ox
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  40. It sounds like so much fun!!! Can't wait to hear more about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Jenny.. the vacation swap sounds fun..
    can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Jenny, if you see this comment. I would love to know where I might purchase a "Keep Calm And Have a Cupcake" poster. If you see this, please let me know.

    Thanks!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  43. the excitement is mounting!!!! can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. ooohhh...sounds delightful and just in time to bring some summer in! would love to play. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron