Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lip Gloss Love : Revlon Super Lustrous


Hey dolls!
Thanks so so much for all of the sweet compliments on our weekend project! So many of you pinned and re-pinned it over on Pinterest. Gosh! I mean, I guess it was a dramatic restyle. Never underestimate the power of Paint!! :) I'm looking forward to a Summer full of great yard sale finds and lots and lots of restyling! If you have any fab projects you'd like to share leave me a comment with a link! I'd love to see! :)

For years and years I solely wore deep dark red lips. Very "pin-uppy". That is till I tried Too Faced Glamour Gloss. I seriously fell in love with it! I'm pretty sure the first shade I tried was "barely legal" It was a semi sheer, peachy pink. One of those "My lips, but better" shades. I found that I was wearing it everyday! And have been a gloss gal ever since. Reserving my red lips for certain outfits, parties, and events.

I mostly stuck to higher end brands, till I tried Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss! It's not too sticky, totally true to color, long wearing, pleasant tasting, right amount of gloss/sheen, and has an even application. It is totally comparable to my fave high end brands!

My two fave shades (above) are Pink Whisper, and Pink Pursuit (limited edition). Light but pretty, and they can be layered over other lipcolor if you are looking for shine and a bit of glimmer.

And if you compare prices...Too Faced Glamour Gloss at 19.00 and Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss at 6.99...you'd be cuckoo not to give them a try! :) And currently Ulta is offering a buy one get one 50% off!!

Perfect for Spring! :)

What are your current or new beauty faves? I'd love to know!
xo Jenny

12 comments:

  1. Yes! I am a long time lover of lip gloss/lipstick so I'm excited to give another lip gloss a try. Right now I'm loving Revlon's colorburst lip butter (it has shea butter in it!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! Jenna I picked up 2 of the lip butters as well!! LOOOOVING them!! I'll be blogging those too! :)

    Thanks for popping in!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to give this a try. i'm looking forward to the review on the lip butters as well. i've been wondering about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Cliniques lipgloss pretty good. I know a lot of people like the lip butters, but I just couldn't get into them. I felt they slid off to the outer part of my lips, looking like a bad lip liner job lol!

    I'll check out these lipglosses though, because I do love my Too Faced glosses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now I am SO loving ELF's bronzer in Golden....It's only $3.00 and I love it even more than the Dior Bronzer I have worn for years. At $3.00 verses $40.00 it's a no brainer!!
    Happy Wednesday Sweet Girl!
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found you on the dainty squid! what a lovely blog!! my newest beauty crave are: those awesome nail sticker nail polish strips ( in leopard print), and make up forever aqua eyes eye liner- it seriously never smudges, runs, nothing! even when Im working out and sweating like crazy! it stays purrfect!

    http://dangerdelux.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ordered a bunch of E.L.F. stuff...I just cannnot get over the price point! It's totally crazy cheap! Yet I read/ee soooo many great reviews!! I wonder about their make-up brushes too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natasha!! Thanks bunches for popping in!! :)

    Loving your recent faves!!! I'd LOVE to try both!!! Leoard print was my thing for years...I even wore a leopard print coat. haha. I totally neeeeed another one!! :)


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ChannelHMC ..a few gals had the same complaint about the butters....so far I am loving them. But I do understand what you are saying. They are certainly not a stay put gloss.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, these look so pretty!! Thanks for sharing, I will have to give them a try :) I love Revlon's liquid liner, I have been wearing it for years! My newest find is Loreal's Infallible eyeshadow in Eternal Sunshine, so pretty! I could talk about makeup all day! ;)P.S. Thank you so so much for your sweet comments about my wedding :) Hope you are having a great week! ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will have to buy these....and I love your weekend project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My all time favorite are the MUFE Lab Shine glosses sooo heavenly and they come in so many fantastic colors. I haven't tried the Revlon ones but maybe when I stop by the store later I will :) Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog <3

    -Ash
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron