Saturday, March 31, 2012

A super cute & easy journaling spot/gift tag tutorial

Hey sweetpeas! Happy Saturday!
As promised I have a quick & easy...and fun tutorial for you! Even if you aren't a journaler, you can whip up a batch of these to use as gift tags or place cards! I myself adore wrapping gifts, and I'm always adding sweet and happy bits to my stash. Ribbons, trims, sequins, feathers, tulle, and the list goes on! Taking an afternoon to create a batch of these will ensure a lovely starting point or "cherry on top" for future gifties!

Gather a simple list of supplies:
-assorted pretty papers
- decorative edged scissors
-assorted paper punches
- ruler
- favorite adhesive
-fine point black marker

Pair pretty papers to punch. :)

If my florals look are right! They are leftovers from last weekend's project!

One of my art journaling trademarks is faux stitching. I started adding these tiny dashes to edges of pages and photos and couldn't stop! I love that they add a "handmade" feel! :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this lil tutorial! I'd love to see yours if you make some! :)

Enjoy your day!
xo Jenny


  1. So pretty, I have all kinds of decorative cardstock, and the scissors. Only missing the paper puncher, which I'm sure I could find easy.

  2. Thanks bunches!
    Yep...Any craft store would have them! I use my jumbo scalloped circle punch all the time! :)

    Happy weekend!

  3. Love these! They look a lot more complicated than they actually are and are really cute. Definitely will give them a go for my scrapbooking (:x

  4. very beautiful

  5. so beautiful

  6. Aw this are so beautiful, you are so creative and talented(: I really like your blog!

  7. Super cute Jenny! Thanks for sharing!

  8. These are too cute! Definitely going to give them a go :) xx

  9. Very cute! I wish I had the patience or follow through to scrapbook. I am way too disorganized.

  10. I love the colours you've picked up. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

  11. Darling these are beautiful! And the sponsor buttons are looking a treat :) We are really happy to be sharing
    April with you xo

  12. These are super cute! Love the leopard one. I'll have to try these with zebra print. ;o)
    Hugz, Z

  13. Love the way you coordinated those papers...I'm such a sucker for polka dots...... :0) Can I link this to my blog?

  14. I just stumbled on your blog :) I really love all the pastel cardstocks!

  15. I really really appreciate all of your super sweet words! Thanks so much! These are such a fun and simple project to do while watcing a movie one afternoon! I make them for all seasons as well...super cute for Valentine's day in all pinks, creams, reds! If you make some I'd LOVE to see!!!

    Love you guys so much! Thanks for visiting me!!
    XO Jenny

  16. Adore them.
    Thank Karin!

  17. Really cute idea especially with the "stitches"! :o)

  18. @Lori Thanks so much! :) Thanks for popping in! Enjoy your weekend!



Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron