Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fashion Inspired Art Journaling



Hello lovelies!

I've been meaning to share this art journal spread with you for a while. I shared my love for Meadham Kirchhoff's Spring 2012 with you a little bit ago. I was just so incredibly inspired by the color palette and overall sweetness. When a collection catches my eye I like to gather tear sheets and keep them for reference. (I have an embarrassing amount of these in boxes...and boxes) These pics were such eye candy, inevitably becoming key elements to an Art Journal spread.



  We even hand painted some cosmetic accessories and a portrait of a sweet little gal of our own...some glittery nail polish and a compact. And there's even more imagery that will all be part of a brand new fashion & make-up sticker sheet. They'll be coming to the shop very soon for your very own journaling fun and projects! 

Do you art journal? Are you inspired by fashion? I'd love to see your pages!

Enjoy your weekend!
xo Jenny

P.S.  I was so happy to see all of the comments on my Odd & Abandoned II post....but in a moment of SPAZZticness I accidentally deleted them!  :(  Womp Womp.  In all my years of blogging, that was a first.  :/     Sorry kids.   xo

14 comments:

  1. This looks like such a pretty project. I love that Meedham Kirchoff collection too. I'd love to see a tutorial of how you achieved the finished product xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot express enough how wonderful this art journal page is. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lucy Nation Thanks so very much! Aaron and I are working on some super fun art journaling tutorials so stay tuned!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Melissa G Ohh thank you!! I really appreciate that!! Those photos were a fabulous starting point! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspirational- as always :)

    A year ago you inspired me to go look for what I really wanted to do- and finally I reached that place.
    So Thank You, Jenny Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo cute!!

    carpe-diem13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute, Jenny!! I am very inspired by fashion! I don't keep an art journal...yet! I really would love to someday. I just need to find a space to create in around here, somewhere between all the many toys and computers. It's crazy living with 4 guys!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful!
    You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! It's so pretty and girly and pastel, just *love*. I also of course love the idea of fashion inspired art journaling since I never can get enough fashion. You are always so inspiring Jenny! Maybe someday I will have some time to start my own journal ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower! Just loving your blog~ so fun and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @PB Oh my gosh..thanks so very much for such lovely words! I'd love to hear what you are up to!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Rose Garden Romantic...Oh my gosh!! You sooo need to just grab a journal and start! I know your pages would be AMAZING! And they'd be such amazing keepsakes!!! Get going! I wanna seeeee!! ;)
    Love ya Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Aubree! ...just grab a little bok and start! I have journals that I've been adding to for over 4 yrs! I'm not sure if they are ever "finished" And I love that!

    I'll be blogging lots of art journal tips and tricks and challenges soon! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you guys so so much for all of your lovely words! So happy you popped in! You always make me smile! :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron