Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bedroom bits




Hi guys! How is your weekend going? Any fun adventures? Thrifty finds? Family fun? Home projects? I'd love to hear about it!  Here at Casa Holiday it is a big bunch of a bit of this and a bit of that. Sooo many things happening at once. Custom projects old and new. Finishing up some orders, starting some new orders. Working on a new series of paintings, (excited!)  chipping away on the studio, (both rooms) and lots of boring stuff like laundry, and mopping...Party! ;)

As I mentioned recently our current bedroom is temporary. We'll be moving upstairs to the "Master Bedroom" at some point...hopefully sooner than later. But as I also mentioned, things are really in flux right now. My sis in moving back from Brooklyn and in with us...all us siblings under one roof! She and my brother Jason cleaned out the Master bedroom last week (it was full of the things my parents have yet to bring upstate) and Missy is temporarily in there on a blow up mattress. 

Before we move in upstairs we have to get new carpeting and paint it. So our current itty bitty downstairs bedroom is just a make-do. It has now officially belonged to every sibling in the family. And since it is situated underneath the staircase it is only known as "The Harry Potter Room".  Maybe the least desired room in the house. It only fits our bed, a night table, another table with a mirror, and a bed for the pups.

We painted it with leftover aqua from our old apartment, did the floor with a mere four boxes of carpet tiles. (I totally recommend them for a small room...so so easy to install...and you can replace individual tiles if say...you drop a brush loaded with paint.) The tiny closet is right behind my head when I'm in bed...impossible to fit a closet door...so I just hung a floor length eyelet curtain. 

It's so small that the photos you see here are pretty much the farthest I could back up with the camera. At first I was bummed at the prospect of inhabiting this room, even if temporarily. But we made the best of it. It's cozy, easy to keep tidy, and a place to sleep. Though don't attempt to sleep later than the other housemates...yeah, being under the staircase means hearing the boom boom boom boom of my brothers bounding up and down the steps. The boom boom bounding is completely uncalled for. When civilized females go up and down the steps they are relatively silent. But boys will be boys.   


The room was glowing in the late afternoon light and I just had to snap some pics for you guys. Just tiny bits...


This is one of the very first authentic pieces of cottage furniture we ever owned! It was a Christmas gift from Aaron's parents...gosh, about 16 years ago! Before the world went Shabby Chic crazy.  We love it just as much today!


One of our many many "crazy babies". Aaron is greeted by this face each morning.


This little old cottage shelf is so wibbly wobbly. Totally one of those homemade projects from maybe the 40's. And next to it is one of my very first "instant relatives"...known as "the boy". We found him in an antique shop about 16 years ago. The glass he's behind is so old and wavy...I love him!




I love our bed. It's vintage inspired. I think from Eddie Bauer home (do they even sell beds anymore?) ...got it about 15 years ago! We painted it black. And the bedding is from Urban Outfitters. LOVE it to bits! It's their waterfall bedding, which I know comes in a few colors.  
That fabulous "Forever" banner is by a dear and amazingly talented friend Caitlin Holcomb!  


This here is "Mr Binney" I like to pretend that he owned an apothecary...with jars and jars of candy that the children would save all week for!


This trio of collage houses were a little project of mine a handful of years ago. They still make me happy. LOVE vintage photo booth photos!



And these fabric collages are all by the same talented lady. I found her on ebay yeeeears ago. I have collected so many of them over the years. I'd love to track her down and see what she is up to now! (I'll let you know if I find her)

Well there you have it. An itttttty bitty bedroom tour. I promise there really isn't much more to the room than what you see here! To take a pic of the bed..I'd actually be standing in a doorway! I look forward to moving upstairs and possibly taking the decor in a different direction. I have a few ideas twirling around.  :)

Thanks for popping in! Enjoy your day!
xo Jenny

38 comments:

  1. Your bedroom is absolutely perfect! I love the collages with the photo booth pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bronwyn Thank you so much!! :) I'll have to blog more of those collages! I have a fabulous collection of them! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these peeks into the bedroom...especially love the collaged houses and fabric collages! sounds like you've been busy, busy, busy! are you having great weather this weekend too? i'm so excited for summer! had myself a great weekend, and hope you did the same! xoxox nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. For such a tiny room, you did a great job making it feel light and airy! I love your little bedside table.

    Have fun decorating!

    ~MaryDeluxe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small bedrooms are so cozy. Kind of like sleeping in a little camper. You've created a lovely little room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the 'forever' above the bed. I'll definitely be recreating that! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it-especially the shade of blue on the walls :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love this bedroom! Crazy about the color and those pillows too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely room! I love the collages and the overall vintage feel to the room. Beautiful!!!

    Thank you for stopping by my Blog and becoming my newest follower :)

    Have a wonderful day! <3

    -Bri

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable, love it. I like the simplicity and style you have going on in the bedroom and the collages are such a great idea. Thank you for sharing them. I'm following from "One day once a month blog hop" I hope to see over at IbD. I look forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute room, love it!!! You have truly made it unique and your own. I love the vintage touches everywhere! You've inspired me to do something to our room now!!!

    XOXO
    Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a really lovely bedroom, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so in love with your bedroom! Your collages look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is your bedroom? Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. loved getting to peek inside your life Jenny! a house full of family sounds wonderful, enjoy the noise and the chaos! xo Debi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jenny!! You have made your tiny space so charming! I love the colors so much! And I adore your sweet little houses you created! I love vintage photobooth pics,too! I really love the fabulous fabric collages also! Please do let us know if you find her again- love her work! The "forever" banner is so fun! Thanks for the peek into your super cute room! Cannot wait to see your new series of paintings!!!
    Michelle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI Jenny,
    Cailtin's Mom here. LOVE how the bedding/banner and bed look. The shades are lovley. And the rest of your special room are beautiful... thank you so for sharing it with us! It is the bits that are so special in knowing a person.

    I eally wanted to comment on this ~ YOU DO MOPPING AND LAUNDRY ETC....!!!??? NOOOOOOO. Well, there is a lot to be said for these chores... contemplation and exercise... that is what i find ~ ehhe. I just mopped and cleaned my stove this weekend. I can not see how you have time for that. Were is your Wonder Woman outfit?

    Wishing you the very very best always.
    you are a rock, a diamond rock :)

    Xo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bedroom looks so awesome! I love the forever banner and that baby doll head! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've probably been asked this alot, but don't you get scared at night with those photos and dolls around? I know I would! But I love you blog and made sure to follow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my, I love your bedding so so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love seeing the pics of your room!

    The baby head just roped me right in! Tee hee!

    I am trying to get caught up on everyone's Blogs today since I have been gone for a bit!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my gosh!!! your house is amazing!! it's like a fairy tale!! love all the sweet colors and quirky bits throughout - you sure know how to make it fun and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this color. These photos are so pretty! I couldn't stop looking at them. Love your taste so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh.... I'm getting ready to redo my bedroom and I fell in love with Urban Outfitters Waterfall bedding in gray or is it grey? Anyway... was so happy to see you have it. Has it held up good?

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Kandeeland...ohh Nat! Thanks so so much!! Gosh it is soo teeeny tiny! WE did our best! haha And yes yes...beautiful weather!! This week..not so much. rain rain rain.

    Love to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Welcome to DeluxeVille Thank you so much sweet girl! :)

    I adore your bedroom as well!! Perfection!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Sophie Brown..Isn't it fantastic?! Everything Caitlyn creates is beautiful!

    @andrea creates Thank you so much! This was a mix Aaron and I made for our last bedroom...we mixed a BIG container of it. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Vickie @ Ranger 911 Thanks!! :) You know ...we said the same thing! "It'll be a little nest. Fairy lights, and lots of pillows." :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Aizzing Thank you so so much! :) xo

    @Brianna Flores Thanks bunches sweet girl! :) I must show you guys more of my collages soon! I have a fantastic collection of them. I hope to track that gal down and see what she is creating now! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. @D Thank you very much! :) So happy to have you! Blog hops are so much fun! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Lidy Thank you! :) It's incredibly tiny...but very very cozy and happy. Thanks for your sweet words! :) xo

    @Rania Kelesidou Thank you so so much! We're happy with it. It's a little nest. :)

    @bows are cute Thanks bunches! :) So lovely of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Tamaras Blend Why yes it is...thanks so so much1 :) xo

    @debi beard haha..yes yes...NOISE is right! :) haha... lots of laughter! A squeaky dryer, and 5 pups! haha! Thanks bunches sweet girl!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Rose Garden Romantic Michelle..you are such a sweetheart! Thanks so much for popping in and for your always lovely words! :) Ohh you'd love this gals work! I have to find her....it was on ebay! like 6 yrs ago! I'll let you know if I do! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Merci-Notes Ohh Mary...you are just the best! Such a sweetie! Thank you so much! Aaron and I LOVE Caitlin! We think of her daily! :)

    One day we will hang out!! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. @Stela Thanks bunches sweet girl! :)

    @Suz Corso haha...No I don't get scared...but we did have another big portrait of a woman like these two...that we calle d:scary lady" She didn't fit in the room...haha

    ReplyDelete
  36. @Pamplemousse1983 Thanks doll! Isn't it great?! They don't carry my color way anymore..sadly.

    @LuLu Kellogg Ohh thank you!! I LOVE when my blog friends share home bits...as much as I adore seeing art..and yummy foods..or great things to buy..home bits are just so interesting !:) Thanks for popping in! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  37. @caitlin of wanderlustings Geez...thanks so so much! So so sweet of you! :) Gosh. If you lived next door I'd have you over for tea! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  38. @amanda Thank you so much for your sweet words! :)

    @Angie D in Ohio Thanks! Oh we looove it! Here's what I'll say..if you are a person that needs your bed to look perfect...this ins;t for you. You'd have to sit there fixing each and every ruffle every morning. And it is a duvet cover...so you will need a comforter. Read the reviews over on the UO site... :)

    Happy Decorating!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron