Monday, May 7, 2012

My Jersey Shore






These are some of my favorite photos of life here at the Jersey shore. That fab shot of the gingerbread cottage with the toy like car out front pops up from time to time throughout blogland and on pinterest, and tumblr. I gotta admit, I feel pretty lucky to have stumbled upon such a great photo op. I snapped it in Ocean Grove NJ, which I've blogged many times. It's a story book town right on the Atlantic with more Victorian architecture than you can imagine, all clustered into less than a square mile. Ton's of bed & breakfasts right on the ocean, old timey Ice Cream Parlors. Just one of the zillion highlights of the Jersey Shore.





I'm really looking forward to Summer. I'm Pinning lots of deck and porch ideas, fruity drinks, grilling recipes. I wanted to share some of my Jersey shore. The Boardwalk shots below, salt water taffy, fudge,  that fab shot of the Carousel...all taken in Seaside Heights, NJ. It's the sweeter side of where they film the show...Jersey Shore. And yes we have indeed seen them filming...and the hoards of onlookers aiming their iphones. I'd be lying if I said we weren't entertained. It's always fun to see behind the fourth wall.




When we hit Seaside we find a happy balance. Fun foods...stands...people watching...arcade games...skeeball. I'm looking forward to this summer more than ever...a new living arrangement...fun with my siblings...lots of dogwalks and tons of time outdoors. But worry not,  I'll come inside long enough to keep blogging!
xo, Jenny

17 comments:

  1. Another amazing post doll:) ps..salt water taffy has been my weakness since I was small..Yummm:)
    Sara xx http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics...I'm looking sooo forward to summer too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos, it all looks so gorgeous, a proper holiday town. I hope I get to visit the Jersey shore some time in my life.

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable post! I love your Jersey Shore! Such great photos, that lil car... I want it! I love seaside living your bound to find taffy somewhere. I can not wait for summer
    :) Lizzy
    http://lizzylizano.blogspot.com
    http://lizzylizano.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to go inside that gingerbread house and look around! Cuuute! What a charming place to be, especially in the carefree days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. seems we are neighbors - i live right near og and asbury - and you are right, there is nothing quite like our beaches and their charming towns... i have a soft spot for the carousel house in ap - i once rode those horses as a child... have fun out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @S.Lennyn82 Thanks so much! Oh gosh...I seriously just love seeing jars of pastel colored sweets on my shelves! We always stock up when we go! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. @kandeland Ohh you guys sooo need to come to the NJ Shore!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Raffles Bizarre Thanks bunches for the sweet words! The Jersey Shore is just beautiful! It's sooo much more than what they show on reality tv! haha...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lizza Lizano Thanks bunches!! :) Oh my gosh I know!! That car and house were like such a gift that day! We stopped dead in our tracks...total eye candy! :)

    So ready for summer fun! :)

    Thanks for visiting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Vickie @ Ranger 911...Ohh the entire town is full of these little gems! Seeeriously! It's amaazing! I'll be taking lots of pics this summer! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. @mairedodd Thanks so much for popping in! And hello hello! Always fun to hear from a local blogger! :) We really are so lucky aren't we? :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I wish my house and car looked like that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that house!!! Amazing.

    I live in a suburb in britain called Essex, and we have a very similar program filmed here called "TOWIE", its bloody hideous. Everybody thinks that everybody from that area is like them..permatanned and a face full of plastic (i am not adversed to a bit of botox, but these lot have it to the extreme).

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great pics! Esp that house! Whoever lives there is one lucky person!!

    http://dangerdelux.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. JENNNY!!! I've always loved your version of the Jersey Shore much better than reality TVs. lol! I purchased a bunch of your art a few years ago when I was living in Pa, now Im in Cali & of course, they're some of the only things I kept! I love yall's work... tons & tonssss!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness! that house looks like it SHOULD be yours!! You're so colorful and inspirational.. I love it, Jenny!
    XOXOX

    love, polly :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron