Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Big Box of Amazingness





Not too long ago the most amazing package showed up at my door. No, I hadn't ordered anything. It wasn't an etsy purchase, or swap. Nope. Just an amazing RAK box of amazingness from an online friend/customer of ours! Her name is Connie and she is one of the sweetest gals around. She asked for my mailing info a while back, mentioning that she had found something at a flea market that was so so me. Well color me spoiled...Gosh...so sweet right? So ok, fast forward a few months.

This HUGE box arrives and I swear to you...it took like 45 minutes to actually open every single little thing in the box. I was knee deep in treasures of all shapes and sizes. And, just as Connie had stated previously...the stuff was ALL so so ME! Vintage mini floral baking cups in their original box, cupcake toppers, vintage buttons still on cards, a top hat!, candles, geez...like so so much stuff! I really just stood there shaking my head side to side. Like noooway...noooway! 

I am just so beyond thankful, grateful, honored, and totally thrilled. Not only because the stuff is so great but mainly because Connie was so amazing to have me in mind at all, and then to go and personally shop for stuff she knew I'd love. We often focus on the unpleasant experiences we have with people...so it's just so special when someone does something so great for you just out of the blue. I'm grateful that we connected via blogs, and art, and collectibles. She included the most touching note ever. Totally had me tearing up. 

Connie, Thank you so so much from the bottom of my heart! You are the best! 

Here are some favorite things...


vintage mini baking cups



I'm pretty sure this was the "original" flea market find/gift Connie was sending. You know...before she went and got CRAZY! :)  And it happens to my FAVORITE thing in the box! A tiny vintage mixer salt & pepper set! With original box! I adore that graphic!



Not sure what these are...maybe from an old soda fountain? Love them!




The most thoughtful and tiny details! Vintage bunny diaper pins! And Aar says those buttons must be made to look like sliced banana.



A happy vintage baby head to add to my collection!



One of many tiny treasures!



This gal is adorable! Not sure if she is meant to be in mourning...she appears that way a bit...or maybe I'm just a bit morbid and she's just off to the Kentucky Derby : )


This box of sunshine really made me smile BIG!
xo Jenny

26 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny!!!! People are so awesome! talk about an angel walking in people clothes. That was so sweet of Connie!!! A keeper for sure!
    Hugs, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is the way I felt when I won that giveaway from you a couple years ago! Unwrapping everything was so fun!

    I loved reading your comments from all those posts- I knew you'd find things you liked in Avery's room!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh lucky you! what a fun box of treats! dont we know the bestest folks in blogland!?
    have a great night
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe...that was sooo sweet!
    And it's all perfect :)

    http://louise-amabilis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! I recently got a sweet "just because" gift in the mail from one of my blog friends too... isn't blogland the best?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, what beautiful and fun treasures!! Love the cupcake wrappers!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS! That mini mixer is SO fun! I am in love :) What a sweet friend you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww so cute! love everythink and the buttons are very nice :) best greetings from germany :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing - those baking cups are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lucky gal you are to have so many people who love you Jenny....and how kind it was for Connie to collect all those goodies....can't pick which is my favorite cause they are are so you Jenny...enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you!! Enjoy your goodies!!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is amazing!
    She was so sweet to think of you and send you all of that.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ FoursistersInACottage Gosh..I so so know it!! This box was just pure sunshine!! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Corey Moortgat

    Awww...thanks!! I LOVE seeing those felt animals in Avery's room!! Which...oh em gee! Avery's room!!! I want to live there!!!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. @vivian There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank the universe for blogland! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Louise.Amabilis i was just smiling so so big as I opened this box! So so fun and thoughtful!! :) So so nice of Connie!

    Thanks for popping in!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Ms Dee Gosh I knooow!! Getting unexpected special packages is like the coolest happiest thing evvvver!! :) I am so so grateful for my blog friends!! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. @vintage grey...aren't they so so cute?!!! florals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Blytheponytailparades As soon as I saw that mixer box I was like ..pretty much squealing!! And I didn't even expect the actual mixer S&Ps to be in it! I thought it was just a fun old box she had found at the flea! I was floored! I LOOOVE it!! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. @me Thanks so much for visiting!! Ohh aren't the buttons lovely? Aaron thinks that they look like banana slices! ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ please note I know!! I'm jealous of myself!! ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Kelsea @ Pink Wonderland I know! And how cute is the box?! I LOVE finding vintage things in the original packaging!! So so fun! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Laura McHugh I am so so grateful for all of the amazing friends I have made through blogging! I cannot imagine a world without it! So many kindred spirits and kind souls! :) All of you guys are the best!! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. @ Lisa Thanks bunches!! Happy Friday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Sarah Dawneé Gosh...I know! I was shocked when the box arrived! Just amazing! So so sweet!! :)

    Thanks for visiting!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron