Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Favorites


Hey there!
Happy Friday!

It's HOT! Which makes me sorta slow motion. But that doesn't mean there isn't lots going on in the studio today. Packed up a batch of orders, prepped some boards for some new paintings, organized a bunch of bins and drawers, and we still have a bunch of daylight left! :)

What are you guys up to? Anyone on vacation? Any fancy locales? White sandy beaches? Cabins by the lake? Ahhh to dream! Aaron and I were just talking about family vacations and the memories we have of being in places like Washington D.C., Colonial Williamsburg, Mystic Seaport, and Hershey Park, in like 102 degree heat! I know our happy memories would be much happier ones if the temps on those days were closer to say... the mid 80s. I remember seeing the different monuments and feeling as if I were melting right into the pavement. I'm pretty sure I had a Washington D.C. painter's cap on! You'll get that trendy fashion reference if you too were of a tender age in the 1980's.  Ha Ha! Ohhh those glorious 1980's! 

Anyway, these memories now got me thinking of how many photos from back then that I'd like to set on fire...not exactly great thoughts to have on this scorcher of a day!

So how about we set our sights on some Friday Favorites instead?

Let's start with Emma Stone's Pink/Lavender hair! Well, try not to get too excited and start googling for even more photos. I already did it...only to learn that her flawless dye job is thanks to photoshop. This pic popped up on pinterest and probably set lots of hearts a flutter. Doesn't it look so so pretty? And that lipstick! It is so Lime Crime! Love it!


This here is so so on my wishlist! An Ipod dock disguised as a retro clock radio. Too bad it is sold out. I vow to find it ! Isn't it so so perfect? I'd love it in my bedroom, or studio, or kitchen, or bathroom, or anywhere where music should be heard...which is everywhere.






I had a dress JUST like this when I was about 10ish but it was pale lavender. It was my favorite favorite favorite! I really love how simple yet sweet it is. It's the kind of dress I'd make 5 of...that is, if I could sew! Imagine it in an array of colors and patterns! Ahh!




I don't know about you...but when I saw these candy colored babies, my eyes widened and my smile spanned from ear to ear. This is the kind of stuff my dreams are made of! Coming across "little babies" at flea markets or junk shops is one my happiest things! These here babies are actually handmade brooches! Ahh!! yep!! They are wearable!! 
Want! Need! Now! :)



And finally this image...I LOVE it! I like to think it captures the moment just before some dear friends arrive, 78 degrees, sunny, with a lovely breeze, lemonade about to be served, along side cupcakes and lemon cookies! A happy day!

Okie doke kids, It's back to work I go! I hope you all have a GREAT weekend! Thanks so much for popping in and visiting! Always so so nice to have you here!
xo Jenny

16 comments:

  1. emma stone's hair looks sooo adorable! I'm sorry it's just photoshopped :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that does make me sad to read it's photoshopped! Well, lovely Friday Favorites regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Leah & Kelsea
    I knooow right? I was thinking...ohh she probably did it between filming movies or something...for fun... It really looks so so good! Flawless! aka photoshopped.

    Have a great weekend girls!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ipod dock is amazing! I must find one!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Becky I know I know...i've found similar...but I NEED that color! :) Let me know if you find it!

    Happy Friday!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find THE best eye candy! Hey, you could show Emma a thing or two about pink hair yourself!!! The dress is the perfect style for those of us with hips just a wee bit wider than we'd like them to be. And the ipod dock dock is so fun, but I'd have to get an ipod first!

    Oh, can't forget those babies. Super cute! Our oldest daughter made cupcakes with big fluffy frosting for her sissy's baby shower. She decorated them with the little plastic babies. We are a silly family, so some babies were falling off the edge, others standing on their heads, and some buried in frosting up to their little necks like a day at the beach. :@

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, she really does look good with that hair color, she should try it!

    Also that clock radio iPod dock is so adorable!! So sad it's sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Emma Stones hair looks beautiful, and the lippy is amazing! Such a shame it's not real! Love the dress aswell :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always said, since I was a little girl, that I wish I was born with pink hair! ha to cute!

    Come on over and follow along my colorful blog...I think you'd enjoy it (but I might be a bit bias?! ha)
    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! I saw that photo of Emma Stone on Pinterest too! It would be a great color for her if she ever decided to do it... though I do think I prefer her with red hair. She could do pretty much any color she wanted, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving that photo of Emma... bummer it's photoshopped... she would look awesome in that hair color!! Have a fab weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a happy weekend.....love her hair and the blue dress....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the the lavender hair and that pretty dress! Wishing you a beautiful weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, but her hair looks so good like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post - I wish Emma's hair was real, and I adore that clock radio. Whyyyy must it be sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh your hair looks great
    also love the blue dress

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron