Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Favorites

It's Friday! Hooray!
If only the weekend would bring us a break from this ever recurring heatwave. There's nothing like taking the dogs outside for their morning wee, which takes all of 4 minutes, and coming back inside covered in sweat. Really, it's that hot.

So my parent's visit has come to an end. They packed up a trailer and a truck worth of stuff and began their 6 plus hour drive back to the wilderness. All the stuff they're carting is the belongings they had been storing here in the shed. It's funny, we don't exactly live in a metropolis here in our small town on the shore, but by the end of two days you can see my parents beginning to get that claustrophobic look in the eye. They long for the space and pace of the woods. I'm glad they found their happy place. Good for them.

Ok, now for my Friday Favorites. It's not like I decided on a specific theme but I think the heat has me thinking COOL. And whether COOL is indicated literally, as in ice cream...or figuratively, as in faceted wall's completely by chance.

I just love this dress above. The collar, the pockets, the stripes! Love the details, and pairing of the "chai" and black. If I had some school shopping to do...this would so be on my back to school wish list. Make the outfit complete with some black tights, fab black wedges, and a cardigan for when the library is chilly. ;)

I'm a sucker for faceted candy colored things in general...but these wall clocks just really made me smile! They're high design in sheep's clothing. Complex concepts made to look simple. I love the way they catch the light and almost "digitize" it. They're one solid color but the facets reflect the light and create a full gradient color scale. And they're clocks for Pete's sake! Form and function.

Thanks to pinterest, I have been making "banana ice cream" for about a year now. How had I not done it before? even if on accident? I've made tons of smoothies and shakes with bananas almost always making an appearance in the mix. But it took a pinterest recipe to get me to make bananas into pseudo ice cream. You peel and slice bananas...freeze them...the texture when blended is pretty much ice cream! Now with that as a jump off...the possibilities are endless! Add a little Peanut butter or cocoa powder...some nuts...ahhh!! Crazy right? Yeah it's like once you try will always have frozen banana slices in your freezer!

The above is just genius! Cake Batter "ice cream"! ...which also happens to be vegan for those who are nuts for ice cream but not the requisite dairy. I did not yet make this...I'm posting it as motivation for you and for get crackin' on some delicious cool-off treats!

Why am I so crazy over desk lamps? I feel like I put them right up there with shoes! Is that weird? This one would be so so at home in our studio. LOVE it!

Okay, okay...can you even? ahh!! Yes please! and thank you! A Washi tape printer!! Eeeee!! I remember watching Martha years ago and all she'd talk about is her Brother Ptouch label maker...and I wanted one baaadly! I love little gadgets for making very specific things. This adorable little machine here takes it to a whole new level of CUTE! Art journaling will never be the same! :) Imagine holding a Washi tape factory in the palm of your hand! Santa...are you reading this?

So what's on your agenda for this weekend? Any fun plans? I'd so love to hear!
Whatever you do...have FUN! And keep cool my babies (Conesie)

Love ya!
xo Jenny


  1. Ok, now this is truly spooky... I totally had a dream last night that I made and ate banana ice cream ( I had just seen that birthday cake step-by-step as well as this recipe - ) earlier this week. HOW WEIRD! I think it's destiny. Brain twins yet again!

  2. @Ms. Dee HAHA! Seriously! right?! Just come to Jersey! Party! :)

    I'm making this tomorrow btw!! Happy Weekend!!!


  3. ahh jenny your killing me i need that washi tape printer now! lol
    maybe i can find one that ships from the us it makes me nervous ordering something that expensive from another country lol

  4. Love the Friday favorites!!The dress is so beautiful, and cake batter ice cream!! So yummy! Have a lovely weekend! xo Heather

  5. Hehe, I am a banana monster! Love banana ice-cream! And ugh, that dress at the top of your post is too cute! :) It's mad how America has been experiencing huge heat waves this summer and here in the UK and other parts of Europe we have never seen so much rain! I want a sunshine day!I want some heat! haha! I hope you enjoy your hot weekend! :) Zoë x

  6. You have great taste. I love that dress, and the ice cream sounds delicious.

  7. I'm obsessed with that awesome striped ModCloth dress, too - I voted for it in "Be the Buyer" and I'm excited that they released it as a product!


  8. we are sweltering here too...although our heat is a bit different than yours so i can't really imagine what all that humidity is like...but then again we have the extra added thrill of all the ;} i'm just eating 50/50 bars and sitting in front of a fan! but that ice cream sure sounds yummy!

    hang in there!

    m ^..^

  9. So lovely pictures and so beautifull blogg :)I was happy to find my way here!
    Greetings and hugs from Finland by decoratingblogg SisustEllen

  10. a washi tape printer :O omg, i love it!

  11. lovely dress! xx

  12. I love cute desk lamps too! Don't have any but I did see one that was so cute and PINK at the Goodwill once and have been kicking myself ever since for not buying it!! The washi tape maker is so cool!
    Michelle xoxo


Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron