Monday, July 23, 2012

Journaling the day away


So today's weather was pretty much perfect! Sunny, warm, yet lovely breezes. What a day to go out and do something! Or, in our case, what a day to open up the windows, kick back on the couch, and Art Journal. We gathered up a bunch of favorite paints, pens, pencils, markers, and stamps...covered the coffee table...each grabbed our books, and spent most of the afternoon working on Art Journal pages. Adding doodles to some pages in progress, pasting layers of papers, washes of paint, and even starting some new pages. I jumped around from page to page, and Aaron worked on a single spread. 




We painted, cut and pasted, and doodled all day! We decided we'd continue our artsy fun right through dinnertime...this meant ordering in some food! We both went with simple stuff from our fave local place...Aaron got a grilled cheese and I chose a tuna salad. We cleared some space right there on the coffee table...ate...and went right back to the Art Journals. To say we never left the couch all day would be accurate...and guess what?  We are tootally cool with it! :)











Aaron's spread is super fun! This shot is before all of his doodles. I'll have to share it with you when he's finished. It's his original quote, it reads:

IN THE PRESENCE OF ART I AM HUMBLE
IN THE ABSENCE OF ART I CRUMBLE

I love that!


**UPDATE**





Hope you guys had a GREAT weekend. 
Thanks for popping in! 
xo Jenny...and Aaron

21 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds like such an AMAZING day! It's so awesome to have someone to share your passion with :)

    xo
    Alex
    http://louise-amabilis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to spend a day! I relish the days I can spend only doing things I enjoy.
    I love both of your pages and the quote Aaron used is really awesome. Thanks for sharing!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day!! I absolutely loveeeeeeee your doodles and love love love love that quote in his book!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always so blown away with your creativity. Aaron needs to make those pages into prints and sell them asap!!!
    Xo dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking forward to your womanifesto! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome! I miss journalling :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Love both your your pages!! Aaron's is so neat, and I love all the polka dots surrounding the quote!! Wishing you a wonderful week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it!! What clever words! I love the white on kraft paper. I wish my hubby would sit down and journal with me all day...instead I got him to spend about an hour and a half helping me paint the hallway upstairs...lol.

    Hope all is well in Jersey land! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. La De Da, I just like your hair :D

    www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Louise.Amabilis It really was a great day! The weather was the cherry on top! I love Aaron's pages! :)

    Thanks for popping in!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Love For Elise Thanks bunches! :) It was such good medicine...we really needed to relax and just do some fun art..for ourselves.

    Thanks so much for visiting! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Julie Tucker-Wolek Thanks Julie!! It was a fun fun day! :) Thinking we need to make it a regular Sunday thing! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. @dana @ wonder forest Thanks so so much Dana! You know..as we were sitting there painting and doodling we thought the same thing...the pages would be so cool as prints..hung side by side. And when we woke up today we had a handful of emails and comments including yours mentioning it! So so nice! :) So we took the afternoon to do just that! :) We added a set of matted prints to the shop! :) yay!

    Thanks so much for popping in! Always so nice to see you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jes....I still totally have plans to do it!! : )
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Erin Dawn Hey there! Thanks so much!! Well, goodness...why not start tonight?! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ vintage grey Thanks so so much Heather! : ) We had a great day! :) Yeah..Aaron's pages really are great! So simple..yet so cool!..and true!! :)

    Happy Monday!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Vintage by Crystal hey there sweet girl!! :) So nice of you to pop in!! And thanks so much! :) Yeah Aaron's a keeper! :) We had a really great time. and umm.....your fella seems to be a gem! :)

    LOVE from the Shore!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh I love this! Every bit of awesome that I imagined your art doodling to be... and more!! Great quote by Aaron! Seriously can't wait until I have the time to do something like this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Kelsea @ Pink Wonderland Thanks so much!! :) Yeah...just start chipping away! Start a handful of pages at once...so you have backgrounds down...one night do papers..another night paint....doodle while watching a movie! :) I have so many "started" pages!

    Happy Monday doll!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh, it truly looks amazing! I love scrapbooking <3

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful pages! You have inspired me to finally start my scrapbook :D

    <3

    www.couturenoir.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron