Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A cute & crafty haul



When the mail arrived today I was beaming! You already know that I just adore washi tape. I love to use it in my art journaling, collages, cards, and tags, and it is just about the cutest method for hanging small bits of art on the studio walls. I know I'm not alone when I say that being a washi tape lover has you walking this weird line, wherein you want to use it on everything and don't want to use any of it at all. (just want to hoard piles and piles till the corner of my studio resembles a washi tape ball pit that I can lay, jump, and roll around in) True. 

Since debuting our Art Journaling series I've been pulling out all of my bins, baskets, tins, tubs, jars, baggies, and folders,  gathering up all of my favorite bits to use and share with you guys. If you have it..use it! It'll only make you love it more...right? So I vow to use all of my stash favorites each week. This will be that little push I needed. I remember when I went through this sort of thing back in 2007 at the height of my vintage wallpaper hoarding. I didn't want to use my slowly and carefully collected, coveted papers. But what good did staring at them do? 
 I know when I finally conquered that hurdle, I was just in love with every collage, tag, and assemblage so much more! Again guys...if you love it use it!  :)



A few of the washi patterns above will replenish what I've used...but the pink cameras, and summery floral, as well as the cameos are new to me! I've been drooling over them online for a while and thought it was about time to add them to the collection and to my art making!  I found them here. 





And you may remember this adorable little Poulain Camera stamp as one of my Friday Favorites from a little while back. eeeee!...it is now mine! I am so excited! Isn't it seriously the cutest? And it's little brother just had to come live with me as well. Yeah for some reason I see the Fotka as a boy.  And the Poulain as a girl.  Well it makes sense to me. Humor me. ;)

So yes, today was a happy happy mail day over here! I'm wondering what will end up in this week's journal spread? Maybe some stuff from this haul?? You know, since we used Aaron's journal last week, and he chose the colors and vibe...it's now my turn! Bring on some pink!! :)
xo Jenny

13 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I have so many washi tapes it's ridiculous... but they're mostly in two color schemes, so that's my excuse to get more? Hehe, to be fair I didn't buy any of them - they're all from Jacob's mom. But I'm really excited that I now have a new way to use them (art journaling!) and plan to use them in my piece for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I seriously made incoherent gibbering/squealing noises when this popped up in my reader. Those are some CHOICE tapes! And I laughed so hard when I read the thing about the washi-tape ball pit. So true. So, so true. Can't wait to see the gorgeous pink journaling these will go into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. become your new follower at bloglovin now. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. washi makes me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy happy!! =) that cameo on is divine!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those camera stamps and the washi tape! I have NO washi tape yet! I have never seen any in stores, at least not cute ones. I guess I'll have to order some online because I think I need some after seeing it used in everyone's art lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING the tape and those cameras are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love all your new washi tapes!! The camera stamps are so sweet!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I can't wait to show off my first pages!!! I've been having so much fun, and today I got the chance to have a little fun at a scrapbooking shop - hadn't had a reason to be naughty ever before :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love that chevron washi tape, and the little camera stamps are too cute!!!! i wish i wasn't so insanely overwhelmed with work right now, i would totally start an art journal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh nice tapes! I'm with you, in that I find it hard to use some of my treasured paper supplies. I also love the cute camera stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love mail so much! And thanks for linking to that shop. I will definitely be buying my washi tape from them from now on. Cheaper and more variety than my current supplier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the washi tape and stamps so much!! >.< They would be great supplies to smash in my SMASH*book. XD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron