Sunday, August 26, 2012

lost & found


 Time really flies. In December it will be an entire year that we're living here in the house. I'm sure I've mentioned that we still have so many of our things still packed away in moving boxes. We had plans to move from our tiny temporary bedroom to the master bedroom upstairs. But my sister moved back from Brooklyn and needed a place to stay for a while. So we hit the pause button for about 5+ months, and now she just found her own place and will be making that move within the month, which means a big game of tetris again! We'll finally get the chance to unpack everything and really really organize. Any of you that are self employed and work from home know what a challenge it is to keep the kitchen the kitchen, and the living room the living room. Somehow we end up blurring all lines. When we say that we work from home...we mean it. We work from ALL over the home! It's near impossible to keep work relegated to the studio. I really hope to get it under control at some point. I think having totally separate spaces for working and for living will also have a positive mental influence. Maybe we'll be able to actually feel the difference between work time and downtime. But even with the studio in perfect working order I think we might hold onto the coffee table habit. I love clearing it off and laying out all of my favorite bits to art journal, or paint, or craft. It makes the work feel more relaxed and it makes the tv watching feel more productive.

Just the other day I was thinking about our last apartment. It was tiny but cute. The second floor in a really old house with great moldings and textured walls, wood floors, and lots of windows that faced every direction on the compass. We had a cute studio space, which happened to be a really bright room and faced the street. But we just never felt that it had the right creative vibe. So again, we would end up packing up all of our supplies and bits and rolling carts and stools and dragging them down the hall to the living room.   





While thinking about the old place and the living room, I remembered some favorite bits that I haven't seen since the move. Which sent me searching high and low. Just when I was about to give up the search I remembered that I had tucked the tiny treasures into one of my vintage jewelry boxes! When I opened the box you'd swear I just found a winning lottery ticket...ok well maybe a $20.00 scratch off.  Hooray! My tiny doll shoezies, a little Charlotte doll head, itty bitty aqua Christmas balls, this pretty pink crocheted collar, and the sweetest little baby pin. To say that its a thrill to be seeing these things again is an understatement. For a moment there I had that terrible sinking feeling like I'd never see them again. 


Ohh I had to share this! Look what I spied in Aaron's Art Journal! Ohh geez!! He had left this out to dry when he came to bed, and I found it today.  This is so so fun! What does he have planned for this page?! I hope he paints himself too!  Part of me says...geez...he's painting a portrait in a marble notebook? But then I say...heck yes!! Why not in a marble notebook?! He's so so talented. I wish I could paint people like him. 

Well this is a bit of what's going on over here. Hope you guys are enjoying the rest of your weekend!
Thanks bunches for popping in!
xo Jenny

18 comments:

  1. Wow, he is fabulous at portraits. What a sweet face:)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pieceful Bits Isn't he so so good?! Gosh...so talented! And this is one of his quick little portraits. I'll pass on your sweet words! :) Thanks for visiting!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that he did that picture of you. He sure is a keeper! I hope I get to meet you guys someday. YOu are a perfect couple!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's an amazing drawing....beautiful model...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that portrait is fabulous! I wish I could paint like that too.. Heck I can't even draw a dog, haha!

    I also love your trinkets lots! I think I need to start finding little treasures! :)

    Katlyn
    www.thedreamymeadow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in AWE! WOW, what a lovely sweet dreamy thing to stumble upon!

    Can't wait to see you two spread out and decorate that lovely home of yours.

    Nighty night!
    Chelsea Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your sweet vintage treasures! What a beautiful portrait!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously cannot get over that picture. He's really talented! It looks just like you! He should draw comics of you and him fighting crime and being cute. :)
    xo Mandy
    missindieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Jenny painting so much! =) Aaron is incredibly talented indeed.

    I feel the same way about a separate home/studio space. I'm setting up the downstairs of my new house as the studio so that everything's separate! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little treasures and so glad that you found theom! I know what you mean about blurring the lines. It makes me crazy when my work stuff wanders into the livingroom (because I haven't carted it downstairs yet) and the fact that my garage is full of furniture waiting to be renewed is making me nuts! I want to get it done, sold and move my car back in! LOL! LOVE the portrait of you that Aaron did! It looks so much like you - what a talent! You are both blessed with such talent and a zest for life - you get my gears running when I need inspiration! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jenny! I was super excited to check my blog tonight and find that you are following it!

    Do you remember the Valentine swap we did a couple years ago? I keep your prints up in my kitchen year round! I love them so much! My grandma always comments on how much she likes them when she visits :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super awesome-ness of those old goodies!!! LOVE them!!! And LOVE LOVE LOVE his drawing of you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's an amazing picture of you! Aaron is certainly very talented!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredibly gifted son you have...Aaron is amazing!
    I loved your post...with all it's softness and pastel dreaminess!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jenny! So happy you found your little treasures! I know how that feels since I have moved so many times! I'm glad you will be getting more space in the house soon. I'm hoping we can move next year to get more space. Then maybe I can find a little studio space! I'm sorry I did not participate in this week's art journaling, but I had to pack my goodies away because we needed the dining table! argh! But I will still be enjoying the lessons and going back to them whenever I do find time and space to create. I love the portrait Aaron painted of you! He is soooo good at portraits!!!
    Michelle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW that portrait is AMAZING!
    XO Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi guys!! Oh my gosh....Aaron sends a very big THANK YOU!! :) Yeah..isn't he so so good? It was such a fun surprise!! He's got some fun stuff planned for the spread...I'm excited to see it!! And I'll be sure to share it with you!! :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron