Monday, September 17, 2012

So, let me tell you about my new bag...


Ok, so this past Friday Favorites I shared an adorable pink bag with you (no I haven't ordered it...still debating the whole pink thing.) I also mentioned that I recently purchased a new aqua bag. Well here it is!
 At the core I'm a gal who really only carries a black bag...though I do have two really well loved classic leopard print bags I turn to for Fall. ( I view leopard as a neutral...almost an equivalent to black) Gosh I think I got the leopard print bags at Banana Republic yeeeeears ago. Anyways, I've been looking to expand my palette a bit but not by much...just looking to get a bag in one of my forever and ever mainstay colors...and that is Aqua. In my search for the perfect aqua handbag I came across this one on Ruche and I was sooo excited! It's called the Ocean Romance Purse. Described as having impossibly soft pebbled faux leather with a spacious interior...both of these details would make my ideal bag checklist . And the color was perfection. And the price was great. So...I ordered it! And you know me. Little Miss Frugal. It was bound to become my FAVE bag ever!


It arrived...and ohh yes...it is BIG! And yes, very very soft! The color is BEAUTIFUL! Lots of pockets and the optional shoulder strap is fantastic. Doesn't this all sound like I'm setting you guys up for a "but..."?





If you said yes...you'd be correct. There is a "but...". And this is it...This tricky little BRAT of a zipper!! I wasn't able to zip it past that crooked "tooth". Overall, the zipper itself seems quite chinsy. So I'm really torn here. I LOOOVE the bag! But the zipper is a lemon. And I'm thinking that this may happen to anyone who orders this bag...not like mine is faulty. The fault is in the cheap quality of the zipper.  So if I send the bag back, and exchange it for another one...I really think this may happen again.
 So what do I do? Just live with it...and not zip it all the way closed? As I type this my face is all crinkled and squinched up like a disappointed 6 year old. I've googled "fixing" zippers...but geez. That's a whole other can o' worms. What do you guys think? Jeez, what a beautiful bummer.

Random...but I am psyched about the show REVOLUTION starting tonight. Aaron and I have high hopes.

xo Jenny

19 comments:

  1. I would send it back for an exchange and just maybe it is a flaw in your zipper, not all zippers have those kinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when there's one issue with an otherwise perfect item!

    I would also try an exchange - chances are it won't be worse than the one you got!

    And my guy is very excited about that show too!

    http://whiskeybreakfast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bag, it looks so soft and I adore the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore adore adore that bag! I always seem to have problems with zippers. I have a well loved clutch that I have a love hate relationship with due to the zipper. I have tried rubbing the lead of a pencil on it and it usually seems to help. try that and if it doesn't work I would recommend seeing if you could try for an exchange. The next one might be a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh noo!! That bag looks so pretty! I hate when cheap zippers ruin things. It's like... they spent all this time & mooney designing & producing a dress/purse/whatever and then a cheap zipper ruins it all. Makes no sense to me!

    Hard to say what the best thing to do is... I would agree with Kate, might as well try exchanging it. It was broken when you got it (or very quickly after use) so they should give you a free exchange!

    Otherwise maybe just use it as an open purse, kinda like a beach bag or tote? Or if you really want it fixed up with a nicer zipper, I certainly don't know the first thing about that, but a seamstress might! If you don't have any handy friends/family who could replace it nicely for you, maybe you could check with a local seamstress to see if they'd do that kind of thing.

    Guess it all depends how much you love it. Good luck! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exchange it. The zipper will drive you crazy and you paid good money for the bag. Ruche will pay the return shipping. The bag really is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would send it back in exchange for another one also. You never know, that bag might have just gotten a crappy zipper. It's such a cute purse!

    And, I'm looking forward to Revolutions also. Hope it is as good as the previews make it look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would totally exchange it for another too

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer about the zipper!! Do they exchange?? And I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why I love the color mint\aqua! That bag is a dream and now I want one! -Jessica L

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty bag!! Sorry about the zipper! Hopefully you can get another one to replace it. I am all about smooth zippers on bags!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a new follower from the Rowe blog hop. Your paintings are fantastic and your blog is lovely too. I am glad I found you. Have a great day.
    Frances from http://mylaughinglion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Call customer service and tell them about the flaw and ask if they will refund your shipping the bag back for an exchange. No sense in you paying for their mistakes! I love the bag and think you should give it another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your purse!!! SO VERY cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm usually a black bag girl too! Or silver. But I am loving this! So pretty and roomy. Bummer about the zipper. I was thinking of ordering one. . . if I do I'll let you know if my zipper works.

    ReplyDelete
  16. no matter the flaw....the color is AWESOME!!! ;}

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate when things like this happen! I think I would end up returning the bag. It would just bother me to no end!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this bag, would definently take back and exchange it considering I would want this Forevah!!! Or, you could keep the broken one and make up a cool story about it. Wish I had more fun stuff like this on my blog (frommetheteen.blogspot.com)it just makes you more personable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron