Friday, November 23, 2012

In the bedroom, and in the news...


Our Thanksgiving was really really nice. We made the long trek across town (5 whole minutes!) to spend the day at Aaron's parents house. Aar's mom Barb makes a great spread. This was the first year without Mom Mom, Aaron's grandmother. Sad to think about...but Aaron's dad Skip kept things happy and light by carrying a framed photo of Mom Mom and the grandkids room to room with us. She got the spot at the end of the table, watched some football with us...it was a great dinner and felt really good to just sit back for a while with family. 

Back home in our new bedroom. Nothing is hung up yet. But I love seeing little bits gathered. Some ideas for color and mood. I'm going with simple and spare. But right now we've got far too much on our plates to worry about decorating the bedroom. I know it will happen soon enough. At this point I'm just so happy to be up there. The new cozy nest is such great medicine right now. So comfortable and calm. 


It really is incredible to see what a little paint, some new curtains, a candle, and carpet can do. I'm so thankful for the little things.


It was so great to see this article in the newspaper on Thanksgiving morning... in New Jersey's Star Ledger. The article is also online. It's a story about me and Aaron and this little blog and the awareness raised about those suffering in the aftermath of hurricane Sandy. It's just such a great tribute to the amazing generous kind people who have sent support and continue to send support. We will continue to do our part and spread the love that comes our way. 


It's so weird to take pictures of yourself. I never ever do. This is me...awkward, weird me. I see these and I ask myself: do I really look like that? I don't remember making those strange faces? 


I promise I wasn't about to cry here although it may look like it...ha! Those eyes...they look worried or concerned. But how about my hair bow?! Isn't it lovely? It's by Sunshine & Carousels. I adore evvverything Erin makes! 

Ok, that's all for now! I hope you had a lovely holiday and have a fantastic weekend.
xo, Jenny

18 comments:

  1. Hey look at you Jenny...still as beautiful as always...I love that you are getting yourselves and others together and found a way through all the tragedy...what wonderful peeps you are. i still haven't received an email from you hun. but I understand that you are busy...probably the best thing I can do is raise awareness on my blog for you...you know for peeps to donate to you...as the postage is so dear to send to the states...I might as well send you the money instead..ha ha when I am a little bit more flush though :)

    I love your bedroom nooks, keep the good work up my lovely gal...

    love ya always,

    Love Happy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing the best for you as you rebuild. Do you have a lot of work to do in your house? I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME about the article!!!! And I loveeeeeeeeee those photos of you!! You are ADORABLE!!! And glad you had a good Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gorgeous as ever, inside and out!! I loved the article it is amazing how people pull together! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Family and friends make everything better. Love you and Aaron! Grace xoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. my bedroom seriously needs a make over... maybe one of these days.. How nice about the article and all the donations. I cant imagine facing all of that devastation.
    Im in the middle of christmas decorating.. but I must be getting too old and too picky for this.. I started at about 10:00 this morning and 9 hours later.. Ive gotten very little done!
    your hair has gotten so long! You know how I love the pink. I did buy some pink hair chalk to play with. just waiting for the right time. I really cant go to work with it.. well I could.. but probably not a good idea!
    have a great holiday weekend!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love you dearly jenny, you're so beautiful in and out, tears have come so much over your struggle and bravery and your beautiful spirit!
    You're a light that shines x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to hear you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving :) You look so adorable!!

    xo
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennhy! So good to se you again! One of my thoughts yesterday was that I was thankful that you, Aaron, Walt, the pups and members of your family and community were safe and getting the assistance that you need. There were also prayers for continued safety and peace. So glad to know that things are improving, slowly but surely. I will continue to send prayers and whatever support I can. Take care and please keep in touch. Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaw you look so pretty!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WONDERFUL article in the paper! You brought the story of Sandy to so many who would have not fully understood the impact that storm had, and your selfless giving has rippled in big ways. Inspiration wears many guises. I am glad that your Thanksgiving was a respite with family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful article!! And WOW you look amazing~ love those pictures♥♥ So glad to hear things are getting better and that you and your family are safe.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are as cute as a button! I'm glad your family had a lovely Thanksgiving, sounds really nice. :) The article was really moving, great read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Discovery your blog from Italy, love your amazing work!!
    Ciao
    Bellalullo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful article! So glad your Thanksgiving was great with family! So pretty you look in these photos!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi thеre! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after going through some of the posts I realized it's
    nеw tο me. Anyhоw, I'm definitely happy I discovered it and I'll be bookmarking іt and сhecκіng bаck often!
    Also visit my web-site ; mitoslim

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a excellent write-up; it turned out subsequently very enlightening. I'm really looking forward during looking for really your work. In addition to, I assured to save your web page in an attempt to come back in the future. mali gold

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron

nRelate - Posts and Homepage