Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!


I've already mentioned that emotions are running high here, the past few months have been so trying for so many. What a test of strength this has been for us all. I am just beyond grateful for the love and support shown to me and Aaron as well as our community. Our online friends mean a lot to us. You guys are the reason we've gotten through so much and continue to move forward with hope and faith. My mind and heart are just brimming right now.  My parents will be arriving in NJ late tonight, after a 6 hour drive from upstate NY, the original plans were to come to Jersey for New Years Eve, but sadly my Nana passed away and we are now planning her services for this week.  Sigh.



Though we've lost our Christmas tree and 98% of our treasured vintage Holiday decorations I am so so happy to have a few remaining treasures.  What you see here is the extent. These few pieces. But I love them dearly. The above vintage ornament tree in a teacup, the vintage cardboard putz house, a big aqua bottle brush tree from Cody Foster, and some tiny pink and blue glass bells that I am displaying on some painted branches.  That's all. But they really do make me happy. And they will mean even more to me now. 




(see this topper? Well Aaron's parent's have had it since 1962! It was purchased in a little luncheonette/Variety store in Iselin NJ! )

We are so blessed to have Aaron's parent's and their beautiful, fun and festive home to spend Christmas.  Aaron's dad Skip turns their Victorian farmhouse into a Winter Wonderland! It's always so warm and inviting. We'll be going out to dinner with them tonight...a tradition. :)

No matter what your beliefs are or what you celebrate.  Aaron and I want you to know that we truly love you guys to bits and are so incredibly thankful for your kindness, love and support!  
From the NJ Shore...Merry Merry Christmas!
xo J&A

24 comments:

  1. MERRY XMAS J & A HOPING FOR A WONDERFUL 2013 FOR YOU GUYS XXXX
    SORRY ABOUT YOUR NAN - SAD TIMES

    LOVE YOU
    DAWN

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dawn Thank you so very much! So kind of you! Merry Christmas to you too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Julie Tucker-Wolek Thank you sweet friend. Wishing you and your lovely family a Merry Merry Christmas.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I've been a follower for years. When my six year old was a baby, her room was decorated in "cupcakes and teapots" and your cupcake artwork was part of her decor. It is still hanging in her room. I live in Dallas and will keep my eye out for anything vintage, pastel, or "Jenny-like" when I'm out junking and will send it your way. I hope many of your followers can help you rebuild your treasures. Blessings to you and Aaron in 2013. May it be a year of new beginnings for you both. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Jenny and Aaron..may the new year bring you much happiness, prosperity and joy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. your house looks so lovely! so glad you got to save at least a few ornaments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a trying year you've had indeed! so sorry about your grandma. :( keep the hope and sending love to you and aaron. merry merry ho ho ho :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny and Aaron, wishing you a Merry Christmas and many blessings in the New Year. You bring so much joy to so many, and your continuously upbeat spirit and kindness are an inspiration. I am very sorry about the loss of your dear Nana. Also, the loss of all of your treasured ornaments and tree. I went through the same thing some years back due to theft (long story for another time) so I can very much relate to your loss. I have already started a "Jenny" box and look forward to helping you rebuild your vintage decorations for next year.

    Love from California,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you have a few Christmas treasures that did survive! They are lovely! And I'm glad you have Aaron's parents and their beautifully decorated house to enjoy! Merry Christmas, sweet friend!!!
    Michelle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful decorations, I'm glad you still have those! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry christmas Jenny and Aaron, and a beautiful 2013 with many new memories to be made.

    xox Susie from Even Sweeter Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always there for you two...glittery hugs and holiday wishes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you and your loved ones a "Merry Christmas!"
    Torie Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the joy and inspiration you inject into the online world.
    Merry Christmas Jennie and Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas ~ Have a nice day~ =)

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, so a lovely Christmas Tree!!!!! I wish you Merry Christmas!!!
    Love from Germany,
    Nine

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry for your loss...God Bless you and your family..

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenny and Aaron, I too am so sorry that your grandmother passed away. This year has held some sad times but you have the best memories and each other. Who could ask more? BTW, I waited till today to open my order, a print of the beautiful pink haired doll, flossie. I am in love with her and already have her frame picked. Thanks so much for the beauty you bring about! Merry Christmas! Jennifer Grenko

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sympathies on your grandmother's passing. Love your ornaments as w ell as AAron's parents tree and decorations. Merry Christmas and the best in the New Year.

    Love, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything looks lovely!!
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry to hear about your Nana. Hope you're doing ok and I hope you, Aaron and the family had a wonderful Christmas.

    I love how Aaron's parents done up their home! I dream of living in a house like that, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh! We have the same tree topper! We saw it at a garage sale and were debating over it and they just gave it to us! We love it. We were only married 4 years at the time and had not found a tree topper we liked. This is the topper we will have for many years to come. Nice to have an idea how old it is.
    Sorry about your Nana. I lost my brother Thanksgiving day. It's a hard thing to deal with this time of year.
    Best wishes for an AWESOME New Year for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron