Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Favorites




Ahhh when this showed up in my inbox I was wide eyed! I am such a sucker for these Too Faced themed value kits. Ohh and the little accompanying tutorial cards are just too cute! I love this one to bits! The "No makeup makeup" kit which is a part of the Spring 2013 Boudoir Beauty collection.

Read a little more about it from TooFaced.com...

What It Is:
Our new multitasking face palette is your answer to creating the illusion of flawlessness. The collection is dedicated to complexion perfection, for a flawless, “I was born perfect” look any time of the day. The kit has everything you need to create a complete look so it’s great for traveling (or sleepovers.)  

More To Love:
A complete palette of six products to create the perfect No Makeup Makeup look:
Shimmer Veil 
Crème Blush 
Powder Blush 
Concealer 
Luminizer 
Brightener 
Includes our signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started.






I'm a boot girl and a platform shoe girl and a combination of both girl. But my day to day running around, working in the studio, or hanging out shoezies of choice are good ol' chucks. And I would love love love some grey ones! These polka dot cuties will add some fun to any outfit!



and this pair in light grey totally works for me as well...



And while I'm at it...the same goes for this charcoal gray pair! I honestly wouldn't mind owning all three pair! Of course it won't happen...and of course I'm dashing my hopes within a sentence of even mentioning them. My middle name is frugal. Yes, I know you already know. ;) 



I LOVE these lanterns! Such a great look! And they are an easy to DIY! I'd love to make some for the living room!  
Made from decorative aluminum sheets that you can find in the building materials aisle of Home Depot. For years me and Aaron have been constructing pretty things out of less than pretty materials and these look right up our alley. These require metal snips, wire, some cylinder shapes...like soup cans...and some spray paint to finish them with.  Just add candles!



Homemade Moon Pies!!! Ahh! yeah...enough said.


Yep...black and cream stripes. Old habits die hard. I love this bag. I may have blogged a very similar one a while ago that I found on etsy. You can always find a bag like this on my wish list. It's totally a signature Jenny bag. Oh man, I would use the heck out of it.


So guys...I really just want you to know that I am so happy to be feeling a bit more normal. And I am so excited about what we have to look forward to over the coming months. I don't mean to sound like a broken record...but gosh, coming off of Stupidstorm Sandy and such a couple of life altering months makes me really appreciate any bits of sunshine or hints of promise. The little things are magnified.  And I know I'm just overly emotional from everything but really really...thanks for being here! And thanks for your comments and for being a part of all this stuff we have here in blogland. 

Have a fabulous weekend my friends!
xo Jenny

16 comments:

  1. Yummmmo homemade moon pies!!!! Happy Friday, have a wonderful weekend!
    -Lizzy
    Http://www.lizzylizano.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and cream stripes or polka dots are a wonderful foil to pastels or neutrals. Those converse have my name on them. It's a choice between those or some Thundercats hi-tops I saw the other day. Lovely post, as always x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The polkadot shoes are so nice!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want those sneakers!!! Also, I love make-up. Love love love. So gonna go check out TooFaced. Oh and home-made moon pies, yessss!

    I love everything on your list. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing so many fun things. The Too faced make up kit is lovely. And the homemade moon pies look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the striped bag and polka dot shoes!!!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found you and so glad I popped by! I love those polka dot cons, very cute indeed! I'm off to noodle around the rest of your lovely blog.

    Have a great day *waves hello* from a new follower, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lizzy Lizano gosh I know...I will be trying this recipe out soon and I'll be sure to blog my review! :) Thanks bunches for visiting! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ May Belater Yeah...Black and Cream stripes are such a go- to for me...and yep! Perfect with pastels! :)

    oooh thundercat hi-tops!! Thanks so much for popping in!!! have a great week!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. @julie Tucker-Wolek Well when I get myself a money tree it'll be chucks in every color for me and you! ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. @kati Aren't they?! They'd make my feet happy! I really think I need them! ;)

    Thanks for popping in!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. @angie bailey Hi! So nice of you to visit! Gosh I know...how can you go wrong with grey chucks? I'm kinda nuts for gray/grey right now! And yes...anything Too Faced puts out is fantastic! These kits are always such a great value! :) And yep...moon pies from scratch....sign me up! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Debra Lynn Mejia Hi!! Ohh you are so welcome! I'm happy to share! Thanks so much for visiting, and for taking the time to add your sweet words. :)

    Have a great week!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Style Shack Yes yes...black and cream stripes and some grey chucks are so perfect! they'd work with so many outfits! :)

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Hazel Hi! Love your name! :) Thanks so so much! So happy you found me! Hope you find some things you like while noodling! ;)

    Happy to be connected!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron

nRelate - Posts and Homepage