Saturday, August 17, 2013

Official members of the Stay Home Club



Yep...it's official. Me and Aaron are proud members of the Stay Home Club. Besides qualifying for membership status by being actual shut-ins, we solidified our membership with the purchase of the above "I Don't Care" pennant, a fab tote bag, and a Recluse t-shirt for Aaron that I had shared last week as a Friday Favorite.



It fits perf! Totally hilarious yet appropriate. (the small print says Just Stay Home, ha!) And by the way, also pictured here are the most killer enchiladas just seconds before they entered the oven. The best ever!! We'll be blogging the recipe tomorrow! Holy Crow! So so so good!


Ok, and now I go ahead and immediately contradict the first half of my post in the second half of my post. Yes, we left the house! The weather was so nice that we just had to. The above pic isn't of a faulty laser beam or of a cracked phone screen...nope, it happens to be our nighttime view of the New York skyline across the bay. The points of light to the left are the Freedom Tower, the Empire State Building, and the Verrazano Bridge. The shorter sources of light to the right represent the lit up Coney Island amusement park. Of course all of this is much clearer in real life.  


 And even though we're working all weekend we made it a point to get a dose of the awesome daytime weather up on the beach as well. We walked up to same spot and waded into the water a bit. We were certainly the only folks up on the beach who were fully dressed...in black no less.


The water was so pleasant and the sand felt great between the toes. Check out this tiny crab skeleton...it weighed much less than a single piece of popcorn, and blew away in the breeze right after I snapped this pic.


Shot a little Instavid, which I couldn't even see until we got home and out of the glaring sun. Now we're back in the safety of our four walls...we didn't even turn to stone or anything! We hope you get out there and grab some of the outside world for yourselves! And come back tomorrow for the enchilada recipe...you must try it...vegetarian friendly...amaaaaazing sauce...wow. See you then.
xo, Jenny & Aaron 

18 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I lived closer to the beach! We are very near the river but it's not the same thing. Also, I should get that recluse tee...might as well own it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we know that we are quite lucky to live only a few blocks from the beach. We vow to spend some Fall days up there! :) Oh and yes yes that tee is the best!! :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. LOL I am so with you on the 'recluse' thingy...and there's a club for it...well looks like i have gotta join!....I haven't been out in so long, that my neighbors offered to 'trim my bush' for me out the front! (not a euphemism lol) where I hadn't seen how much it had grown over the weeks ;D

    The sea looks luverley...and even though we love to stay in...it is sooooo good to go out too isn't it...looking forward to that recipe...I love Enchiladas <3

    Love you both xxx

    Love Happy and the Gang xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! You always kill us Happy! If we were neighbors we'd be recluses together fo' sho! ;)

      Yes...a dose of some fresh air can be great medicine! :)

      Thanks so much for popping in! We always love seeing you here!!
      XOXO J&A

      Delete
  3. Staying at home sounds wonderful, I want to join that club.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen and I are total recluses as well! We LOVE shopping, and biking, and we also hope we can do some bike camping. But, we're not party people. We prefer being home, playing a good video game or cuddled up watching TV, or camping in the backyard, or reading, etc. That's our joy. <3

    LOVE the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you guy seriously need some Stay Home Club tees! ha! The most partying we do is a good splash of Sriracha on our dinner! ha!

      Thanks for popping in! :)

      Delete
  5. Ha, I should be a member of that club, spend more time indoors when in England, great pictures and look forward to the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! We couldn't pass this tee up! So so good! And so so right on! Proud members of the club for sure! We hope to one day visit England...total dream of ours! That is one place we would not be recluses!! ha!

      Always so great to see you here! Thanks so so much for popping in and taking the time to comment Dawn! :) Ohh and the recipe is now up!! They were killlller!!! :)

      xo J&A

      Delete
  6. I should join this club, all I do is stay at home, like literally for the whole week ;) This is such a cool website, *become one of my favourites* I placed an order :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Orla! Isn't it all so fun? We love everything about Stay Home Club! :) Thanks so so much for popping in and taking the time to comment! :)

      Love from the NJ Shore!
      xo J&A

      Delete
  7. My boyfriend needs that shirt!

    xo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to join this 'Stay at home' club as its so me! Haha! Loved the little vid on your IG lovely. I wish I lived near the sea or be closer to it than a 2 hour drive :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny I have become the same way the older I get...your post reminded me of a funny e-card I got that read "Sorry I've been a bad friend lately. I've been busy being an awesome hermit!" ;) I def. need a stay at home membership!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Glad you got a change of scenery at the shore. Now back to work, right, before your Recluse membership's revoked. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron