Monday, September 9, 2013

Starting off the week with a party







Hey kids! Happy Monday! Well we kicked off the week with a Party...and by "Party" I mean a trip to the dentist! So of course that called for a melange of leopard print, gold sequins, massive readers, and Honest Abe...right? With the specs my intended target was probably Iris Apfel, but we all know that my aim brought me closer to Elliott Gould in Ocean's Eleven. ( though it wouldn't pain me in the least if you were to accuse me of jumping George Romero's train...he's my secret boyfriend.)  One thing is certain...they are not subtle. You just gotta commit to having two giant TV screens on your face. If you're cool with that...then it's all good.
This pic was taken immediately upon my arrival home and I believe the effects of the novocaine are evidenced in my crooked smirk. I bet since I'm such a big baby the dentist quadruples the numbing meds. I'm really a fraidy cat when it comes to the dentist, so I'm lucky to have had so few dental issues to deal with. I ask a million questions, fear everything, worry about everything, and I totally overthink everything. 
Here's the good thing though...I actually really really like my dentist. She's a Finnish lady with an adorable calming demeanor, and when I first met her she told me I reminded her of Amanda Bynes...Ha! ummmm...awwwwesome...right?! That tid bit of information is plenty! How could it not be a party?!
 Anyways...yeah, for a weirdo worry wart like myself, I lucked out. Having a dentist that I like, right here in our town is a gift. So if you are local and looking for a quality dentist who will fix you up and put your mind at ease, then let me know! I'll hook ya up!



Ohhh and see the cardigan I'm wearing...it's this one from Target. And wouldn't you just know it...not even 4 days after I get it the thing goes on sale. No mind...it was still a great buy at 22.00. Of course it's not the most amazing quality, but it's cute and classic and versatile.  :)



But today wasn't all about dental fun. It also happened to be a work day, and it will be a work night as well. Seriously, the schedule didn't allow time for us to actually cook, so we went with grilled cheese. But at least we took it up a notch. Everyone makes there grilled cheese a bit differently. Some people use butter, some mayo. We are the mayo type. LIGHT Mayo. For real, there is barely a difference in taste, so if there is the option to go light, then by all means...go light. But here's where we kick it up...we add a squirt or two of Sriracha. Because...why the heck not?! 


We went with shredded sharp cheddar, thinly sliced avocado, and thinly sliced grape tomatoes. You need a good knife in order to thinly slice your grape tomatoes...and Aaron's got one with an onyx ceramic blade...he loves the thing. Anyway...then you spread the sriracha mayo on the outside of your sandwiches and lay them semi-spicy devils down on your grill pan. Oh man, this was good grilled cheese. I can't imagine not doing it every time now. 


And see this here...it's my new favorite mug. I showed it to you guys the other day, but this is the second half of the tour...we're now exploring the other side! I just adore Beca & Doug from Tumbleweeds Handcraft. They rule!! And knowing that they rule seriously makes my coffee twice as enjoyable.

I hope your week is off to a great start! We'll be finishing up some stuff tomorrow for "the project" and then it is off in the mail! YES!!

Love from the Jersey Shore!
xo Jenny...and Aaron says hi!

32 comments:

  1. I can't get past you in those glasses. That made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah I just said...party! ha! Thanks! Have a great week doll! xo

      Delete
  2. You look adorable! And I hate the dentist, never fun, but at least you made it into a "party" lol. Those grilled cheese look yummy too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh geez, thanks! Yeah it just makes me sooo nervous. Like I said...I'm lucky to have a dentist I like a lot! :) Thanks so much for popping in! I really owe you an email. xo

      Delete
  3. How do I love those glasses...let me count the ways!!! Those are so incredible!!! It is about time for a new set of face furniture for myself and you have me thinking that large is most definitely in charge!! AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! You never fail to make us smile HUGE! Why oh why must you live on the opposite coast. We want you as a neighbor, like now! YES... you neeed some massive specs! ha! Your usage of "furniture" made me think of a fave of mine...Soylent Green. ha!
      xo

      Delete
  4. You still look CUTEEEEEEEEEE even with the glasses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocking those frames Jenny! Dentist for me tomorrow, but just a cleaning..not my favorite place, but happy once it is done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie!! I hope you wore some fun specs to your appt.!! Cuz, we all know you have a bajillion pair!! xo

      Delete
  6. Very cool geek. I don't need glasses, but I want a pair of fake thick framed nerd glasses for when I want to embrace my inner geek.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Suits you madame!) It's really cool look all together - made my day!) I wish I could pull something like this but in my super-conservative city it's kinda of hard (((

    Evgenia

    PS Lost my password from my Recycled Reality blog, so am writing a new one now krasivoblog.com:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) ohh you should get a pair...even if you just wear them around the house!! :) Thanks bunches for visiting!! xo

      Delete
    2. Well, thanks for the idea! Why not? I will do it! )) I'm more thinking about cool pink hair though - what do you use? Maybe it's a naive question...but seriously..I go to salons to dye my hair blonde. Then I ask something like: " You know how they tone hair pink? Can you do that?" Silence...Stylists shocked... I'm like:" Well, common - It's been in fashion for over 3 years now. It'a all over mags!" They - "Well, such colours only look good in magazines blah blah blah" ))) So, Jenny can you give us a little tutorial on how to end up with such a cool hair colour? Pleeease!)

      Delete
  8. Usually if you have a receipt and then something goes on sale within 10 days you can get the difference back. Target is really good about it.
    Love the look!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunches, I'm going to give that a try! :)

      Delete
  9. Lots of dentist visits for me here too -- they're no fun! Love the new sweater, going to have to get one of those for fall! We already tried the grilled cheese -- awesome! We'll never make them any other way now, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's all see the dentist only 2x a year, they'll understand if we don't visit them any more than that. ;) ha! Isn't this cardigan so cute?! Love it! and oh gosh right? so simple yet so yummy! Thanks for popping in!! :)

      Delete
  10. Hey you forgot Harry Caray in your glasses montage ;) I totally get the dental thing - I am a hygienist - yes- the girl who scrapes the barnacles off - LOL! I deal with a lot of high fear pt's who often need to be medicated just to get into the chair! But honestly one of the keys IS to have a dentist you trust - that goes further than any meds! Yes- and totally go back and get the difference on your sweater they are the BEST store about that sort of thing! Your little Novocaine smile is adorable - have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! yes! You are so right! Of course now I only have Will Ferrell's impression of Harry in my head. :)

      Ohh geez you must see it all at work! yowza! ha! Yes I really like my dentist annnnd her hygienist! They made it really easy for me. I talk their ears off...when I can get a word in. ;)

      Thanks so much for the kind words and for visiting!!
      xo

      Delete
  11. I often think I can pull off certain things, but probably not glasses of that magnitude. They look awesome on you though! And I'm going to have to make grilled cheese, like now, with Sriracha. We love Sriracha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! Oh I know I look insane...but it's ok. I gave up looking normal a long time ago! ha! ;) Thank you!

      yes yes to sriracha grilled cheese!! :)

      Thanks for popping in! :) xo

      Delete
  12. oh wow, i love your glasses! i own some very thick and big black glasses as well, i just hardly wear them! this makes me want to put them on again!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! And yes yes go find them and put them on now! ;)

      xo

      Delete
  13. I would never be able to pull off something like this. And the second picture is really funny, thanks for making me smile. :)
    wondorla.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! well, I'm not sure I'm actually pulling anything off...I just figure I can't get much crazier at this point. ;) ha!

      Thanks bunches for popping in!
      xo

      Delete
  14. Those glasses pictures really made me laugh. ^^

    That grilled cheese looks mouth-wateringly delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! :)

      Oh grilled cheese is great at it's most simple...so any additions are just delicious bonuses! :)

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  15. This is brilliant. I love your sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! We absolutely love to hear from you guys...so please leave a comment if the mood strikes you, or if you have any questions for us about a recipe, project, art supply , paint color, etc. Don't panic if your comment doesn't appear right away...we moderate all comments to avoid getting tons of spam. Thanks again!!
xo Jenny & Aaron